Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Gratitude


I am asking for gratitude today. I have been stuck in a pretty negative place and I know the only way out is through gratitude.

Once our mind dips into a negative spiral it is really hard to get it to stop. It likes the negativity and feeds on it. Those *gremlins are alive and kicken' it in my mommy exhausted brain.

It all started on Saturday, I had one brief moment of insecurity and it has been a game of dominos ever sense. I kept trying to negotiate with it but the more you fight yourself to stop thinking about something, the more you think about it.

"Don't think about pink elephants!"

Are you thinking about pink elephants?

Of course you are.

But I've cried my tears and it's time to climb out of this hole and reach for gratitude.

What are you grateful for? What are your blessings? It is easy to get carried away with all the things that are going wrong. The minute we chose gratitude, is the minute everything changes.

Gratitude is the moment when God picks me up, wipes my tears, and reminds me that I am exactly where I am suppose to be.

We can either chose to see all that is wrong with the world or we can chose to see all that is right. I chose right. 

I am grateful for this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment