Sunday, January 29, 2012

Life Returns

I've been wanting to write for a long time now but life has a funny way of becoming quite chaotic. A baby was born, a toddler became cranky, a mommy lost many hours of sleep and so on...

Life is beginning to return back to its normal self, only this time there's a beautiful little H joining us. Yes she is fussy and yes she only sleeps during the day in the bjorn, but yes(!) she is oh so amazing! Amazing in the way that when she's not fussy she is as smiley and happy as can be. Amazing in the way that she seems to coo louder than any baby I've ever heard. And amazing in the way of how expressive her cries are; I understand her more clearly than I understand my toddler at times. The wonderfulness in you surpasses any toughness.

But the most amazing gift little H is giving us is the return to night time sleep. Her sleep hours are beginning to expand and just this weekend we've made it through two whole nights without feedings. Pretty amazing for just being two months old - yes we are blessed!

You're only 9 weeks old little H but you've taught me so much already! It's true what they say -- the more you have to do, the more you get done.

You are my second blessing!





No comments:

Post a Comment