Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Confessions of a Chocoholic

Eating healthy - It's a battle!

If I have healthy food prepped and ready to go, I am much more likely to eat it. But there are some days where I only eat whatever I can find to cram in my mouth.

Those are my least favorite days. 

I am certainly making some progress in regards to cutting back on random food cramingness... 

But there's a much bigger problem, which I am not making any improvement with: my chocolate addiction

It's almost impossible for me to go without chocolate after a meal. Or after a stressful moment, or after a content moment, or after a non-content/non-stressful moment... 

Chocolate is life.

Chocolate is heaven in bite size form.

I run for chocolate.


Giving it up completely is not an option. 

I do have a goal though, it's to start having a little bit more, Ahem, control over the amount of chocolate I choose to consume. 

It's been baby steps with everything else. So I expect the same with my chocolate habit.

One chocolate craving at a time, I suppose...

Seeing as it's Valentine's Day this Friday, we are overstocked with chocolate. I also plan on making heart shaped brownies tomorrow, clearly not the best environment for cutting back on my habit.

But I'm hoping I can begin to practice some control and stick to one serving after dinner. 

And maybe just one more serving when the kids are down for bed...

Wish me luck!

Happy Valentine's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment