Monday, October 29, 2012

Happy {DIY} Halloween!

One of my favorite holidays is Halloween! If you know me or have been following my blog then you have probably figured out that I love making costumes and decorating for this holiday. Last year we were a skeleton family ("Skelegin") and the year before that bear was a garden fairy. But this year is my favorite so far!

Halloween seems to help the ADD I have when it comes to crafting, It gives me a deadline and focus, and each year I get a little better at crafting and sewing. Sewing is something I've been working on over the past two years and each time I set up my sewing machine I become more confident in my skills, which in turn makes me feel more excited about my next project.

But the best part of this project was taking a step towards being less perfect. The more I let myself make mistakes with this project the more I learned about sewing. Something I need to remind myself in all aspects of life -- It's ok to fail, there's a lesson in the madness...

And who'd of thought there'd be a life lesson in sewing? Perhaps I need to change my name to "Insightful Mom..."

Any how...

Here are my girls in their finished outfits. I made everything, excluding the onesie and leotard.



Can you guess who they are?



Angelina Ballerina



And Angelina's little sister

I had to distract her to get her to wear the ears.







So there you have it! 

I think it's pretty obvious that bear is super excited about her costume - the best reward for a momma!

I'll be posting my DIY blog shortly.

Happy Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment