Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Take A Break (It's OK!)


I'm not feeling very centered today so it's really hard for me to push through this post...

My weakest moments are during the week when I'm here alone, with the kids, doing my best to be my best...

My hardest struggle is to be more compassionate with myself. I don't have to be 100% perfect all of the time and until I fully give into letting go of perfection, it will always wreck some sort of havoc on my week.

Realizing that I'm not a saint and I'm going to hit my limits, and that I need to be willing take a break instead of pushing through, is the only thing that's going to help. Even Mother Theresa had her limits and struggles, we're human not machines--we have limits!

The real problem at hand is that I feel like a failure when I don't have the patience, when my brain is too frazzled to think, when I physically can't get up from the table or leave the coffee mug...

I didn't realize all this until yesterday when my husband pushed me out the door and forced me to leave. When I returned with a clear head, it began to make more sense to me. I didn't want to leave because I felt like I was failing again. I'm lucky to have a husband who's willing to push me out the door!

So... It's OK to sit the kids down in front of the TV for a bit so you can do something for yourself. It's OK to tell the kids to go busy themselves for 5 minutes of quiet so you can to process your thoughts. And it's OK to just leave the house when it feels like too much; let someone else take over for a bit!

As moms we want to do it all. We want to be everything to everyone but it's an impossible goal. We need to take care of ourselves so we can take better care of everyone else. We need to limit our caring too, we need to learn to say no to things, so we can focus on the more important things--our family.

Being a supermom means being willing to take a break! We are all amazing moms doing the best we can.

And oh my goodness, I feel so much better getting that down on electronic paper...

Go take a break!

xo
bear's mom

No comments:

Post a Comment