A big thank you to henry happened, for giving me the Stylish Blogger Award! It was a really nice surprise, especially since I am still fairly new to the blogging world. It is greatly appreciated and I am now feeling a bit more settled in, here in the great big blogosphere.
To accept this award the recipients are asked to do a few things.
- Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Award 10-15 blogs you feel deserve the award
- Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.
1) I am a closet Bravo fan. I can watch those darn housewives over and over again - in some ways it's kind of a nicer reminder that being rich isn't everything...
2) I have a little thing for Joe Mchale (shhhh don't tell my husband...)
3) I use to row in high school. I loved every minute of it and miss it dearly. I often fantasize that some day we will retire on a lake and my husband will build me a small boathouse to keep my single in (a single is a rowing boat/shell for one person).
4) I am really into "green" living. I work hard to keep our house free of harsh chemicals, pesticides, hormones and antibiotics. I really enjoy making my own cleaning products and shopping at our local farmers markets so I can keep our kitchen filled with local and organic foods.
5) I met my husband at 80's night at The Fuze Box back in NY. It was a bit of a dive bar but a lot of fun if you were looking for a break from the regular club scene. It wasn't a regular hang out for either of us so we were both lucky to be there at the same time!
6) My 11th grade English teacher refused to "refer" me to the 12th grade creative writing class at the end of the school year. He told me I wasn't ready for such a class. When I went on to college I took all of the creative writing classes I could possibly take - every A+ was a nice reminder that my 11th grade teacher was wrong to hold me back! I still hope to write a book some day, I will dedicate my first publication to that teacher (if I am lucky enough to make that happen).
7) I have found extreme happiness in being a mom. I have never felt more "at home" then I do now,
being bear's mom.
Here are the blogs I would like to pass the award to: